It is easy to spend a lot of money on kitchen gadgets. However, there is absolutely no need to waste money in the kitchen. Here are five tips to follow if you want to have a great functional kitchen that doesn’t cost a lot of money.
1. Buy multi-purpose items. It is very tempting to buy lots of little gadgets that have a single purpose (like a garlic press or a lemon zester). However, it’s a waste of money. Buy items that can be used for many different tasks.
2. Invest in a great set of kitchen knives. This simple set of tools will be long-lasting give you a lot of value for your investment. Plus they’ll take the place of lots of little gadgets (like garlic presses and lemon zesters!)
3. Avoid buying sets. Many people choose to buy sets of pots, pans and utensils. Usually this means you end up with too many items and several of them are cheap and worthless. Instead, invest your money wisely in the specific individual pots, pans and utensils that you truly want in your kitchen.
4. Consider buying a slow cooker. There are many, many cheap recipes that you can easily make if you own a slow cooker. Most of them can be made in bulk and eaten over the course of several days (or frozen to eat later). This item can take the place of other pots and pans and save you a lot of money on food over time.
5. Buy on sale. Hold off for great sales, look for discount codes and buy seasonal items (like grills) in the off season to get what you need for your kitchen without wasting a lot of money.